Sunday, March 09, 2008

Vaio Notebooks - Let the Buyer Beware

I love Sony's TX series notebooks. They cost a bundle (my TXN27CN cost a bit less than 3,000 $), but you get fantastic hardware. The battery lasts for a very long time, the screen is plain brilliant, and it is really light in terms of its weight. What drives me bonkers, however, as with any of the other vaios i had, is that the silver desktop colour peels off in absolutely no time. This h as happened to me with every Vaio I ever owned (and there have been a few over the years). Makes me wonder what's wrong with the bean counters at Sony. I wonder whether it's worth putting people off who pay a huge premium for their premium hardware by way of adding cheap paint on the desktop.

Ethical Progress on the Abortion Care Frontiers on the African Continent

The Supreme Court of the United States of America has overridden 50 years of legal precedent and reversed constitutional protections [i] fo...